Thursday, April 15, 2010

1507 G St., Arcata


What's at the location, you ask?

Why, it's the spot where you'll find
Recycled Youth.
A tiny and cute new/used store for kids.

Have any of you moms of little ones been there before?



I consider it a gem.
I "discovered" it just before Grace was born and had a delightful time picking out all kinds of wonderful used girly clothes for her.



I go back there every once in while and have always found
nice, good condition, clean clothes for Baby Grace.

They do have a bigger selection for little girls, but there is boy stuff too. Why does there seem to be more girl than boy stuff at second hand stores?

They offer a nice selection of both used and new items for young children of all ages. There are cloth diapers, slings of various assortments, maternity wear, and a number of locally made items as well.

Before I visited Recycled Youth this time, I pared down Grace's wardrobe and bagged up all the clothes that I never put her in (for one reason or another) and took them with me. The shop will give you credit for a percentage of what their resale value is--honestly, I didn't pay close attention to just how much because I was just so thrilled to get any kind of credit at all. You may want to call ahead though, as they do have specific times to bring in used items (707) 825-7775.


This time around I picked out: 4 pairs of pants, 1 chunky knit sweater, 3 dresses, 2 shirts, and 1 jacket which totaled $36. I received $14 worth of credit for about 10 items (the woman returned all that she didn't want, so I can try to take them somewhere else), so I only paid $22 for all those clothes! I love getting things for my baby girl, and even better is when I get a lot for what I consider a great deal!


Check the store out, if you have the time and the desire. I don't think you'll be disappointed, especially if you have stuff you want to trade!



3 comments:

Lindsey G said...

My heart is beating faster just reading your post. I LOVE used clothes stores for kiddos--you're right, there are a lot of girls clothes in great condition at Recycled Youth! Every time I'm in HumCo visiting, my mom and I hit it up...good prices and cute stuff! Girlies are so much fun to shop for :)

The Fredricksons: Brian, Britney, Salty, and Benji said...

My guess would be that there are more girl clothes because girls are not so rough on their belongings. Boy are very rough and tumble, even as babies, so their clothes possess little resale value. That's my two cents anyway.

Jenn Stockman said...

can't wait to check it out!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...