Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Some Exciting News...


Go HERE, please!

Some of my writing and photography is being shown on Apartment Therapy's website. 


A couple months ago, I saw an ad on their website. They're searching for more contributers who can write/photograph for their "home tours" column. I thought, "why not?!" So I contacted a dear family friend, Jennifer Mackey, and asked if I could raid her house. She lives in an amazing place, and she graciously obliged and answered the home tour survey of all the basics about the house. I wrote up the intro, snapped and edited the photos and sent them in.


I thought that was that. Just a fun experience. Then, they contacted me and let me know that my work would be posted on their website--I'd made it through to the second round! It's definitely exciting. I have taken a look at some of the competition--it's tough. There's a lot of talented people out there. So, I don't expect to get hired, but I had a ton of fun doing this and still can't believe I even made it this far!


Ignore the typos (oops--there are two I caught too late!) and show me some comment love over there!

5 comments:

jeannine said...

Congratulations!!!! That is wonderful! I am so proud of you!!

Lindsey G said...

What a cool house-- great job, Kate. Very professional write-up :)

Kellan said...

Hi Kate,
This is Kellan Rizza- I went to school with you at FUHS (was in Meghan Musone's class). Do you remeber me?

In any case, I found your blog through hers and have been following yours and all your great posts about DIY projects and such.

Just want to say that you have great style and I love that you uses Jennifers house for your Apt Therapy post. She did an amazing stained glass for my parents house in Fortuna.

Nice work and I hope you get the job!

Gigi said...

Way to go, Kate! Taking the time and effort to try your talents. You receive quite the truck load of comments, some pretty critical. I thought you did a great job. I could've seen more pictures because I love pictures, but I don't know if they give you a limit. That would be hard to choose. Perfect opening picture! Love you!

Kate Stockman said...

Thanks for all the encouragement Ladies! I need it. Wow...typos sure are humbling! ;) I've definitely learned a lot through this.

And Kellan! Of course I remember you! Thanks for reading and the kind words. And you're right, Jenn is an amazing artist!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...