Tuesday, August 16, 2011

2011 Ferndale Fair

All my memories of going to the fair as a kid are good ones. We went in the evening and each of us kids got to choose three rides to go one. My favorite was always the super slide. In high school I went with friends, riding the ferris wheel with a death grip hoping I wouldn't pee my pants in fear as my more exuberant friend rocked our seat the entire time. I am not a fan of heights or rides that are thrown up and torn down within a weeks time! I took Grace on Monday--the first time I'd been in years and years. If I wasn't eight months pregnant, I would've loved to try the super slide just one more time!

Grace is just like her mama and loves to dig into a nice, soft pretzel...








We hit the dime toss, tried the merry-go-round without success (they took a little too long to get the ride going and Grace changed her mind), scoped out the bunnies and then started to crash around 1:30pm.



No sooner had I started the engine and Grace had konked out. She was SO tired. This kind of small town stuff is so much more fun with my own daughter. I love making memories with her--even if I'll have to remember all these early years for her!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I love picture #2!! So cute!

The Fredricksons: Brian, Britney, Salty, and Benji said...

She's looking so big and grown-up these days. Such a cutie.

Gigi said...

Did you teach her how to eat those pretzels too? That's my technique as well.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...