Wednesday, October 12, 2011

He's Here!

We've been enjoying our little boy for a whole week now, and the time has flown by.

Let me introduce you to the newest little Stockman...

Adoniram John 





He arrived at 4:51am on October 4th, 2011, weighing 7lbs. 4 oz., 20 inches long.

We are going to call him Adon for short since Adoniram is a mouthful for most people. It's been hilarious to hear the number of ways people try to say his name.



We named him after Adoniram Judson--a man whose life story and testimony point to the goodness and glory of God. And John, after my dad, who I miss dearly during this sweet time and wish that he was here to share it with us.



Grace was pretty excited to meet her baby brother. Can you tell? She didn't stop moving for any of the pictures.

At my 36 week appointment she watched the midwife measure my stomach and check the baby's heartbeat. She then patted the table like it was her turn. Sure enough, we put her up there, she leaned back, lifted her shirt and let our midwife give her a little checkup as well. It was really cute and for the last few weeks she'd been measuring my stomach with my sewing measuring tape whenever the mood suited her. So far, she's been really sweet with Adon, kissing his arms whenever she gets a chance and asking to hold him often.





































































Adon got a little sun exposure to help with jaundice. Thankfully, his first few days home were nice out. He's doing well now, and his bilirubin count never got as high as Grace's did when she was first born.
















































I am so thankful for so much and feel that God has been so good to bless us with this easy going little boy. We are loving every minute with him!

6 comments:

Lindsey G said...

His eyes are so sweet and bright--what a precious little blessing! LOVE the name :)

Jaimie said...

Congratulations!!! I found your blog through BJ's FB page; I knew him from junior high/high school in Fortuna. Love your blog! I have one too - www.wonderyearsof2.blogspot.com

Blessings to your family!

Jones said...

Congrats! He is so handsome! I love the name. Glad to hear things went well. Hugs and prayers to the recovering mom, baby and family!

The Fredricksons: Brian, Britney, Salty, and Benji said...

He is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations :)

Kristin Brown said...

I love him already! I can't wait to see you and meet Adon in a few months. I miss you, friend.

Gigi said...

Woo hoo! Love all the pictures and love you guys so much. Welcome Adon, I have a few guys who are waiting to play with you. Rejoicing with you in the Lord.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...