Friday, March 9, 2012

Latest & Greatest



Adon is now five months old. Five months! Where has the time gone? I feel like his first birthday is right around the corner. Time just seems to be going by that quickly!  And he's in sixth month clothing now. I've been in denial for a while--I always hate to admit that my kids are getting bigger. It's already time to sort and box up clothes again. He's loving his exersaucer and hanging onto things more. He's also watching us like a hawk whenever we eat. I can't wait to try some baby food next month. 



Grace has been having a great time squirting everything in the yard. And there’s also been a lot of dancing, and playing like she’s a puppy. She's just so much fun right now. She's also obsessed with "owies". My little brother broke his foot in three places on Christmas Eve. He came over last night with a special gift for Grace, and she got to show him how she too has a "boot" on her foot, shoving it into her Melissa & Doug fake cookie roll and hobbling around on it. She's creative like that. It was hilarious!


Some of the more memorable moments lately have been: 


A really fun date with Beej before he left for three days to be in his friends wedding. It is always good to get out just the two of us. And I really felt the Lord bless his time away. He had fun, and I actually felt like my time alone with the kids went really well. 


"Ow. Hurt my eyes"--I heard this several times until I looked over to see Grace shining an intensely bright flashlight over and over in her face. "You can stop doing that honey". "Oh." Silly kid!


Grace is remembering some of the bible stories from her Jesus Storybook Bible. She has a Little People Nativity Set and has been really into making Mary ride around on a horse. And then she ran up to me a few days ago saying, "Baby in my tummy" only to unwrap her shirt and show me Baby Jesus in a manger from the same set. It took me a few days to put it all together, but she's just acting out the story I've been reading her most often lately.


I finished a book Beej surprised me with a few weeks ago: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. Crazy title, but a good read. If you give it a go, let me know what you think!


That's it folks. I hope you enjoy your weekend and give lots of hugs and kisses to the ones you love!

2 comments:

jeannine said...

I too read the Potato Peel and I loved it, I think I gave it to your Mom to read too. I love a book that makes you laugh out loud. Did you know that Mary Ann Shaffer created Holly Hobby? Just a little trivia to start the day.

Suz said...

Kate, I just love your blogs. What a wonderful thing you are doing for you and BJ and your children will love them.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...