Monday, April 23, 2012

Six Months



My baby boy is six months old. Well, technically he’s closer to 7 months now. And, as usual, I am amazed that he’s already this old! It’s been a bit of a blur. A few weeks ago, I was watching him play. It was like I saw him again for the first time. I was just struck by how big he is now and how much time has already flown by. I think it has something to do with barely sleeping for six months.



And now he’s on the move! He's been inching his way a little farther each day. That photo is from the end of March--he was so much smaller just a few weeks ago! And two days ago, he army crawled his way across the entire living room. Go Adon!


He has been sleeping better the last two weeks. We did a little sleep training with him for a few nights, and since then, he’s been going for longer stretches. Hallelujah!

He’s still all over the place nap wise, but I am just SO THANKFUL to be getting less broken sleep at night when it really counts.


He’s begun eating baby food: oatmeal , peas, apple and broccoli, pears and raspberry, banana….You name it, he seems to love it all. He’s a pro already, making a ton of noise until the food is in his mouth.

At his wellness checkup he weighed 17 lbs. 13oz, 24 inches long. He’s in the 50th percentile for both weight and height. But his head, oh his head…90th percentile. We just make kids with giant craniums!


He’s chubby. He’s super smiley and happy most of the time. He laughs a lot, and I hear him laugh the most when Grace is teasing him in some way. It’s sweet. He's making more noises and has begun letting us know when he's, ahem, unhappy with one of our decisions--like removing the book he was trying to chew on. He's also suddenly apprehensive around people he doesn't know and for the first time yesterday, he started to cry, quivering lip and all, when someone he didn't know held him. I just love that we're starting to see more and more of his personality. I feel like the fun is just beginning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...