Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Latest & Greatest


Grace has been cracking us up lately. She’s always been pretty silly, but she’s turned it up a notch. Lot’s of fake, manic laughter is involved. She is officially sleeping in her big girl bed. We just transferred her cold turkey last week. She’d already been waking up about four times a night for at least two weeks. We couldn’t figure out why. She did tell us one morning that she saw her baby doll floating on the ceiling. So dreams maybe? Plus, we moved her into a pack-n-play about eight weeks ago so that Adon could take over the mini-crib. (Poor Beej mentioned it was killing his back to reach over so far and pat and comfort Adon back to sleep when he was in the pack-n-play.) But Grace has been too big for both the mini-crib and the pack-n-play for quite a while. I’m sure the rock hard, thin mattress isn’t the most comfortable thing to sleep on. I just hid the pack-n-play before she got home from my mom’s one night, and we tucked her into her big girl bed. She loves that we can lay down next to her and snuggle while we tell stories at bedtime.


Adon has regressed! We are back to waking up everything three hours at night, but his bottom tooth has finally cut through. You can just barely see it. It's amazing to me how happy and smiley he is considering how little sleep he's been getting. I wish I could say the same for myself! I'm working on it. He is melt-my-heart adorable though. He’s been busy exploring the entire house, getting much faster at pulling himself around. And he's really into following Grace around and trying to touch and play with whatever she's into. I'm hearing "Mine. No, Adon. Mine" more and more often. 

Other memorable moments recently:

My best friend’s step-dad passed away suddenly on May 11th. My heart breaks for her family and it was a privilege to serve them last week in different ways. 

The weather has been extremely nice lately—lots of sun, which always makes me just want more!

Beej gifted me a massage at The Spa LAST Mother's Day. I am going as soon as we can make it happen! I can't believe it's been a whole year since he gave me the gift card--you know what I'm gonna say, "time flies"!

My mom and her friend Mike rototilled two areas in our tiny side yard. I have some planting I need to get done soon!

I’m ordering THIS for Adon. As soon as I saw it, I thought of my dad, who loved to go deer hunting every Fall. So many funny stories of his adventures with my Uncle Steve and brother Dan. 

I can't believe May is almost over! Summer is on it's way. Yay!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...