Saturday, July 11, 2009

Psalm 40

I found these verses to be an encouragement this morning. With everything that has been going on, it is a joy to speak of how good the Lord has been through it all.

Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust... (v4)

You have multiplied, O LORD my God, your wonderous deeds and your thoughts toward us; none can compare with you! (v5)

I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart. (v8)

As for you, O LORD, you will not restrain your mercy from me; your steadfast love and your faithfulness will ever preserve me! (v11)

Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me! O LORD, make haste to help me! (v13)

But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation say continually, "Great is the LORD!" (v16)

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Kate,

I, too, lost my Dad in September 2007. As I'm sure you know, it is a heartbreaking experience, and I have to say I could not imagine going through the grieving process without God. How amazing HE is and His comfort is real.

Certainly I know we don't know each other except from high school, but if you ever want to email and talk please let me know. That is the one thing I really yearned for and didn't have-someone to talk with who had been through it.

Anyway, I just wanted you to know you were weighing on my heart and I'm praying for you!

Julie (Galt) Eilertsen

Gigi said...

I love you Kate and look forward to reading updates and seeing pictures. (Don't forget the pictures of your new figure.) Honestly, I long for the day we can have a sit-down over a hot cup of coffee (or hot chocolate). You are an encouragement to me in keeping close to Jesus by reading the Word. Thank you.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...