Monday, April 26, 2010

The Office

Do you like the show?

I think it's hilarious! It probably has a lot to do with the fact that I've worked in various offices ever since I graduated high school.

There have been some very funny and also very awkward moments.

1st example:

Once, while in the bathroom, I heard someone enter the stall next to me. There were only two. I'm washing my hands when I hear,

"Kate. Is that you?"

"Yes." I mean, what am I supposed to say? Although I really hate carrying on conversations when in the bathroom...awkward...plus, how did she know it was me? I was in there before her. Weird...still haven't figured out that one.

"Can you hand me the spray?"

What? I mean, 'cmon! Did you really just ask me to hand you the room freshener?

And you know what, I did. I didn't know what else to do! I mean, I would NEVER ask that of a co-worker--way too embarrassing. And the company was not huge. Not a lot of employees. I had to see this person all the time and just hope that we didn't end up back in the bathroom again at the same time, with me once again handing over the spray ('cause I probably just would've done the same thing all over again).

2nd example:

Larger man walks into work. I notice he's wearing suspenders. No big deal, just don't remember him ever wearing them before.

Later that day, large man realizes the back of his suspenders has come unhooked and...asks ME to help him fix them. I know! I shouldn't have done it. But again, I did! I ended the day hoping he would never wear them again.

I mean, who does that?

I learned the hard way to just say "NO"!

The receptionist really gets the tough jobs! This is why I always loved Pam's character--even more so before she got promoted to the sales department.

There are so many more stories I could share. I would love to help the show out with a little material.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...