Thursday, April 29, 2010

Zechariah 10:7

"...their hearts shall be glad as with wine. Their children shall see it and be glad; their hearts shall rejoice in the Lord."

It's this verse that BJ declared the "verse of 2010". Since the beginning of the year, he has been praying this over our family. It is written on a chalkboard that sits on a shelf in our living room, so I see it over and over throughout the day.

It's an excellent reminder to me that I am daily setting an example for Grace. Through easy and hard times, we are to take heart in the Lord. To take joy in Him. But in order for me to be an example of joy to Grace, I must first find my own joy in God. I think this is a good verse for the season of life we're in. I too have been praying for a "lighthearted" spirit. Yes, things happen, there are tough days, not all goes as expected, but God is always there. And He is always good.


Do you have any special verses you're praying for this year? Why those particular ones?

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...