Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

A whole new reason to celebrate...

"There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it"
-Chinese Proverb

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous.
It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
-Elizabeth Stone

"Insanity is hereditary; you get it from your children."
-Sam Levenson

My first Mother's Day...as a mom! I am so smitten with Baby Grace, it's amazing how much I love being her mom! I look at her, and I can't believe I have a kid--and one that's already over 6 months old! It's so surreal sometimes. I feel so incredibly blessed.

Every year it's the same story with my mom. She always tells us, "Nothing but a card please" whenever her birthday, Christmas, or Mother's Day rolls around. Like she gets to decide!? This is the first time in I don't know how long that she actually told us what she wanted specifically: Manual Labor.

After lunch, we all got down to business--ok, really, my brother and Beej did most of the work. I did shovel and rake a lot of dirt though. We worked all afternoon on her backyard. Pretty much digging up everything and getting it ready for grass seed and a ton of new flowers. Grace was a champ the entire time--she really likes being outdoors. The works not done yet, but we did get way more done than I ever thought we would and it's going to look beautiful when the grass and flowers go in.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...