Friday, May 7, 2010

The Pioneer Woman

Please tell me you've heard of this woman!?

Ree Drummond


Crazy funny creator of The Pioneer Woman & Tasty Kitchen websites.

Go check her sites...pronto!

She lives on a cattle ranch in the midwest, fearlessly blogs about anything and everything, and just came out last year with her own cookbook.

She writes about her life, her recipes, her love of and growth in photography, her home and garden designs, and her homeschooling adventures. She also has tons of amazing giveaways...we're talking professional mixers, amazing digital cameras, and all kinds of other really cool stuff. I mean, so what if over 40,000 people enter. I might still win. Maybe.

I have made a number of her recipes from her site. Always tasty. Always loaded with cheese and butter, so I generally alter them a bit to lower the calorie count, but they are still very good. I have yet to purchase the cookbook, but that's on my wish list. ahem...hint, hint...anyone?

And please don't forget to check out her "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels" story. It's how she met her husband and fell in love. It will reel you in and suddenly you'll realize that you can't go to bed until you finish the story, no matter how many more segments you have to read. She mentioned recently on her blog that some film studio is planning to make it into a movie. I can't wait to see that one!

{photo is from her facebook page}

1 comments:

Hulst mommy said...

I love, love, love her! I have been reading her blog for a couple years now. I just got my sister the cookbook last Christmas. Is she hilarious or what????

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...