Friday, June 25, 2010

SKIN DEEP


PRODUCTS. What's really in them? What am I rubbing onto my face? Spraying all over my hair? Washing my skin with?

There are just so many choices out there. Can you relate? I stood there, in the middle of the hair products aisle, feeling overwhelmed by hundreds of brightly colored bottles, each promising to give me unbelievably beautiful hair. Or skin. Or whatever. You name it...there's a product for it. Which mousse really volumizes the most? Which hairspray won't leave my hair clumpy? It took me way more time than was even remotely reasonable to figure out what I needed. I mean really, who has time to be overwhelmed by choices like that--life is way too short.

Which is one reason why I've shortened the list of products I use. Of course, I have a few favorites. We all do. Moisturizer with SPF. Eyeliner & Minerals Foundation. Face Wash. Toothpaste & Deodorant.

But how often do you stop to consider just what is it you're using or why? Do you ever do a little digging to see what all those chemicals add up to?

Introducing: Skin Deep, a cosmetic safety database

I've been checking this website out for a while, and I'm still learning how to use it and how they gather information, rate products, just what it means, etc.

I encourage you to check it out. See some of the benefits and dangers in some of the most common products you use everyday. Just pace yourself, because otherwise you'll end up feeling just like I did in the middle of that aisle--overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information out there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...