Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September Reading List


Several of these are books I've been reading for a month or two. 
I generally read several books at one time, so my goal this month, in part, is to finish some and start a few more. 

Here's the rundown:

In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan 

I've heard a lot of hype about this one and his first The Omnivore's Dilemma, which I'd also like to read. So far, so good. Lots of sound and, ahem, convicting reasons on why people (yep, that's me) need to revolutionize the way they think about and eat food.

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey

I cannot recommend this book highly enough. I read a lot of it years ago, but am getting so much more out of it this time around. Maybe because I'm older? More aware of what I want to get out of life? Who knows. Just read it. 

Half the Sky by Nicholas D. Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn

So far a very eye opening book. I will let you know more about what I think when I'm finished.

What Did You Expect?? by Paul David Tripp

Another one that I highly recommend! It is rocking my marriage. Beej and I are going through this one together and wow! Grab your honey and do the same, but be warned: I don't think you can read this book and not be changed by it somehow. 

Stones into Schools by Greg Mortenson 

Did you read Three Cups of Tea? Phenomenal. Talk about inspiring--I am just amazed at all this man has accomplished and can't wait to crack his second book.


So that's it. Have you read any of these? What'd you think? 

Do you have a reading list of your own? Please share.

And let me know if you plan to read any of these with me. I LOVE talking books with others!

3 comments:

Hulst mommy said...

Brandon LOVED Omnivore's Dilemma. The marriage one sounds good, I'll have to check that out. Have you ever read As For Me and MY House? It's by Walter Wangerin. I really like that one.

jeannine said...

I too read several books at a time. Must be a family trait! I am reading "A Reliable Wife" and I am finally reading Faulkner for the first time. I am starting with "As I Lay Dying" which funny enough, I decided to read after reading that a character in "Ford County" by John Grisham was reading it. "Ford County" was really good. Short stories that were funny and/or heartbreaking. I am looking forward to reading some of the books you recommend.

Kate Stockman said...

Thanks for the recommendations ladies! Keep 'em coming!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...