Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Praying Psalm 68:19

Beej shared Psalm 68:19 with me the week before New Year's Day. When he started his bible reading plan this year, the first Psalm on the list was, you guessed it, Psalm 68. What a happy surprise.


"Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears our burdens; God is our salvation."


This is our family verse for this new year. Remember last year's? I think it's fitting. There are a whole lotta burdens I need to leave at God's feet this year. It's such a wonderful gift, this grace. To be able to lay down our weary load and take on freedom, lightness of heart, joy. I am asking the Lord bring that to our family in new ways this year!


Do you have a special verse that you're praying specifically for your family? May I encourage you to do so?

2 comments:

Gigi said...

Good idea. Where to start though? I'll have to ask Joe about this.

Jeannie Campbell, LMFT said...

i want to do this too. i usually try to pick out a verse for myself, but we haven't done a family one. great idea!

and great to see you on here!

jeannie
the character therapist

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...