Thursday, February 9, 2012

Latest & Greatest


My two favorite kiddos in all the world.

Adon just had his four month checkup and weighs in at 15 lbs. 13 oz. and 25.5 inches long. He's the exact same size that Grace was at five months. And of course, his head is HUGE. I don't even remember how many centimeters, but around the 90th percentile for his age group. The doctor showed us the stats, looked at me, then turned to Beej and asked him if he ever has trouble finding hats that fit. Ha! Poor Beej. Remember when a similar thing happened with Grace? He's been battling a cold, again. Little guy has already had three in his short life.

For the most part, people know how to say his name now. It's pretty funny to hear all the variations people have tried though. My favorite story was one my mom passed onto us. She mentioned "Little Adon" to a coworker. "Huh? They named him Aladin?!"

He loves to suck on his hands, be outdoors, watch Grace zip about playing, be held facing outward--he likes to see what's going on, and he just discovered his feet this last week.


Grace is bursting out of her 2T clothing and wears a size 6 shoe, but only certain shoes because her cute feet are too chubby on top to fit into all the new size 5 shoes we bought for her. Oh well.

She absolutely loves to play outside and visiting the fish hatchery is still one of her favorite places to walk to. She is talking like crazy now, and really is very helpful around the house. She asks all the time, "Mom, help?"

A really sweet moment happened a few days ago when after I swept the bathroom, she came up and patted my back "Good job Mom!".

She has done pretty well with Adon so far. She likes to lay down by him or sit by him on the couch. She's great about showing him how to do things. She's also great at telling him, "NO Adon!". I think she's got the bossy big sister role down! And I find myself saying often, "No Grace, you can't put that box of wipes/drive that toy car/balance that book/you name it on Adon's head".

2 comments:

Gigi Montgomery said...

Yayyyyyy! I love the update and a new picture of Adon. Thanks friend. He is sooo cute! Big head and all. Seriously, I saw a kid at the park with a much bigger head and the poor kid was learning to walk. It look pretty difficult to balance his disproportionate melon on his little body. Also, Luca and Tiz had bigger heads as infants, too. When we heard Luca's head was in the 90something% and the rest of his body was 70%ish, Joe said, "He has a Costello head." I'm all, "Oh, because my brothers have big heads? Yeah." It took me a while to realize I HAVE A BIG HEAD. I started looking at pictures and I'm like a foot shorter than everyone but my head is comparable. Oh well.

The Fredricksons: Brian, Britney, Salty, and Benji said...

He is so cute! As far as his head being big, it doesn't look it. Charlie's head was far too large for his body and it showed. He still is prone to falling at near 2 years as a result of his noggin. They grow into them :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...